WELCOME TO THE CMA DISCUSSION FORUMS

Full access is a members-only benefit.

Current members: the option to login is in the top right corner of your window. If you need your login information, please contact the Executive Director.

Future members: if you are interested in learning more, please apply for membership at www.cabinetmakers.org/membership.

Something for Everyone

Collapse

Future members: learn why you should join the CMA. Current members: share your story about the value you find in being a CMA member.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for Everyone

I wish I had known about the CMA when I started my business. The network of people I now call on whenever a question or dilemma comes up would have been invaluable back then.

The nice thing about the CMA is that it offers multiple ways to learn more about running your business better: shop tours, seminars and panel discussions at trade shows, CMA conferences and regional events, and our online forums.

All these different paths mean that you can get answers no matter how you like to learn and communicate. Some people like to post on the online forums when they need advice, whereas I tend to ask questions when I’m at a CMA event or by picking up the phone. Over the years I’ve built some great relationships, and now I’m not shy about seeking out expertise.

All of us have learned by making mistakes, and every CMA member I know is eager to help others in the same situation. If you’re struggling with business questions, there’s no time like the present to get engaged.

Chris
    Last edited by James Fox; 04-02-2020, 12:06 PM.
    Chris Dehmer
    404-798-9829
    Dark Horse Woodworks
    www.darkhorsewoodworks.com

Well, when we first joined the CMA we had 3 employees and all used equipment. From fellow business owners we learned how to recruit, test and hire employees and now we’re at 17. We also learned to invest in good machinery and tools, and we got tips on which manufacturers are good and which ones to avoid.
    The last tip we got (and followed) was to start offering closets to clients. We never even realized how much demand there was as we always said “sorry we don’t do those”. This tip alone might carry us through the next couple of months where there is so much uncertainty... I am looking forward to tomorrow’s “what’s your problem” webinar to continue to learn from others. If you listen to these ideas and actually implement them, it will make all the difference between staying a one shop man and growing.
    Last edited by Amanda Conger; 04-22-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    No content found
    Show More

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
    Directory Topics Posts Last Post
    Public Forums
    A collection of popular posts from the CMA members-only discussion forum
    Topics: 9 Posts: 28
    9 28
    Amanda Conger
    Sub-Forums:

Cabinet Makers Association Discussion Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 6,900   Posts: 44,439   Members: 1,173   Active Members: 91
    Welcome to our newest member, Inna Shellkopf.

Channels

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X